Dussehra Festival is also a time for family and friends to meet up and bond. This is also a time for special dishes and Dussehra sweets. Women prepare different kinds of Dussehra recipes as part of the celebration. There are many dishes and meals that you can prepare during the Dussehra. Below, we will provide some of the traditional Dussehra recipes people prepare for the celebration.
Recipes for Dussehra
Badam Kheer Recipe
One of the most popular Dussehra recipes – the Badam kheer. It is easy to cook and requires minimal number of ingredients. Let’s get cooking:
- ½ Cup of Almond
- 3 tablespoons of Sugar
- 2 cups of Milk
- 5 pcs of Crushed Cardamoms
- Pinch of Kesar or Saffron
How to Cook Badam Kheer
- Cook the almond. Boil it for about 2 minutes.
- Peel the almonds and grind. Make a fine paste out of it.
- Put the milk to boil. Stir in the almond paste as the milk starts to boil and cook for about 5 minutes in low heat. Add some sugar
- Turn off the heat and add the saffron and cardamoms
- Let it cool.
- Serve cold.
Aloo Pakora Recipe
Here’s another Dussehra recipe you may want to try:
- ½ kilograms of Potatoes
- 1 tbsp. of finely chopped ginger
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon of ground coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of Ajwain
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup of cooking oil
- 1 tsp. Cumin seeds
- Salt and chilli powder to taste
- A pinch of soda bicarbonate
How to Cook Aloo Pakora
- Mix the ginger, soda, flour and the rest of the seasonings.
- Pour some water and make a medium-consistent batter.
- Stir in ghee and set aside.
- Boil potatoes. Peel and cut into thin slices.
- Dip the slices of potatoes to batter and deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.