Having fun is a must this Halloween, and what better way to have fun than partying in style? Make your celebration extra special by incorporating a theme that will double the fun! But before selecting a party theme, make sure it fits well with the classic Halloween theme: Does creepy and scary suit the motif?
While you’re mulling over your choices, we’ve listed our suggestions in organizing one of the most popular themes today. Hopefully, this article will help you in deciding whether a Batman-inspired party is suitable for you this Halloween.
|Free Halloween Printables|
Halloween Party Invitations for Bat Cave Party
- ‘Bat Signal’ Invitations: For your Batman Cave Party invites, you need black and white construction paper. First, trace and cut out the silhouette of a bat on the black construction paper. Next, cut out a circle from the white construction paper. Glue the bat on the center of the white construction paper. It should resemble the Mayor of Gotham City’s ‘Bat Signal’. Turn it over and write the party details on the back to let everyone know where the Bat Cave is.
- ‘Bat Signal’ Flashlights: If you want to wow guests with an invitation, let them flash their own ‘Bat Signal’! You need clear tape, inexpensive flashlights, party tags, and string. First, color in the image of a bat on a portion of the clear tape. Peel off and stick to the lens of the flashlight. When turned on, the silhouette of the bat should be clear. Next, tie a party tag to the head of the flashlight to let your guests know where the ‘Bat Signal’ came from. These can also be used as excellent party favors.
Halloween Party Decorations for Bat Cave Party
- Of course the party isn’t complete if your Bat Cave isn’t ready! Using brown, black, and gray construction paper cut out a lot of bats and hang them upside down from the ceiling. You can also make a cut-out of the Batmobile on a large piece of paper and tape it onto one of the walls for more emphasis.
Halloween Party Menu for Bat Cave Party
- Poisoned ice cubes: Freeze any beverage that is green (or just add a few drops of green food coloring to non-green drinks) into ice cubes! Come party time, let the little superheroes amuse themselves with the “poisonous” ice cubes in their drink, and see if they can handle drinking such a dangerous beverage.
- Since bats are the theme of the party, prepare molds that will produce bat-shaped cookies and gelatin in advanced. You’ll be delighted to know how much children and adults alike will marvel at the shape of these delicacies!
- Cut anything you serve in bat shape: sandwiches, burgers, ice cream…you name it!
Halloween Party Costumes for Bat Cave Party
- If your guests and loved ones are still thinking over what to wear at your party, you can inform them of the different characters they can base their costume on. Characters such as Robin (his sidekick), Bruce Wayne (his own identity), and villains such as Riddler, Hush, Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, Catwoman, Mad Hatter, Scarecrow, Jason Todd, Bane, Hugo Strange, and Strange’s assistant (Alfred Pennyworth) are among the many they can choose from!
AT THE PARTY
Halloween Party Games for Bat Cave Party
- For the kids: You can play a Batman Trivia contest or have the children go on a hunting quest to retrieve all the stolen treasure from the Batman’s Cave or the Mayor’s Office (think cakes and other novelty items).
- For older children: If you have a lot of space in your backyard or indoors, older kids will enjoy a physical activity: have them undergo a ‘Bat Skills’ test that challenges their balancing, jumping, and throwing skills. Such activities would include hanging upside down from a rod, walking and monkey crawling on a rope, jumping through old tires, and practicing using ‘bat-shaped boomerangs.
- ‘Batman of the Night’: Make it a memorable experience for the child who has completed the tasks most skillfully by award him or her with a Batman cape, mask, and a title of “Batman of the Night”!