Olan is another popular Onam recipe. During Onam festival, many Keralees are cooking this yummy dish for family gathering and celebration and include to their onam sadya menu. If you want to try this simple and easy Onam recipe, here’s the guide for you.
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 3 to 4 pieces of green chilies
- 1 cup of white pumpkins (sliced)
- 2 small Taro (chembu)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Some curry leaves
- Salt to taste
How to Cook Olan
1. Peel the taro and slice into thin cuts. Cook it in 2 cups of water. Drain and set aside.
2. Wash pumpkins and green chilies and cut into thin slices.
3. Mix the pumpkin, chilies and taro and cook in 1 cup of water. Season with salt to taste.
4. Once the ingredients are cooked, add the coconut milk and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes in low fire.
5. Put some curry leaves and coconut oil.