Onam festival is one of the most popular Hindu holidays celebrated across the Kerala in India. Aside from colorful onam pookalam designs and festive snake boat race, Onam celebration highlights grand feasts known as Onam sadhya. Here’s another mouthwatering onam recipe you may to include to your onam sadhya menu. This onam recipe is simple and easy to cook. It’s good to be included for every onam sadhaya. So, let’s start cooking!
- 1 teaspoon of Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of Hing
- 2 pieces of dried red chilies
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2 teaspoon of Urad dal
How to cook coconut chutney
1. Fry the chilies and urad dal in a frying pan. Then, let it cool.
2. Mix the fried urdal and chilies with sugar, hing, tamarind and coconut. Mix well and grind into fine paste.
3. Season with a teaspoon of urad dal and mustard seed.
4. Serve with rice.