Onam festival is fast approaching. Most Keralites and Malayalees are probably ready to prepare for this grand festival. One of the most awaited spectacles of Onam is Onasadya. This grand feast, traditionally called as Onam Sadhya, includes different kinds of onam dishes and meals. Here’s another yummy onam recipe that you can prepare for this coming Onam festival. It’s easy and only requires simple and readily available ingredients. Let’s get cookin – the Banana Halwa Recipe!
- ½ teaspoon of Nutmeg (ground)
- 3 medium-sized fresh bananas
- 1 tablespoon of pure ghee
- 1 cup of sugar
How to Cook Banana Halwa
1. Peel and mashed the bananas. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat the pure ghee. Add the mashed bananas and cook in low heat. Stir well. Cook it for about 10 minutes. Wait till the bananas get brown. You can add more ghee if needed.
3. Stir in sugar and stir well to make sure that the sugar is dissolved completely.
4. Add cardamom and nutmeg.
5. Put in a large plate and let it cool.
6. Cut into squares. Serve.