Avial is a mouthwatering onam recipe that most people usually preparing as part of the celebration of Onam festival. Cooking Avial is quite easy and can surely give delight to the family. Here’s the easy recipe for Avial.
- 1 Cup of Yam (Sliced into thin strips)
- ¼ cup of Carrots (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 Cup of Snake Gourd (sliced into thin strips)
- ½ Cup of Beans (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 cup of cucumber (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 Fresh Bananas (Sliced thinly)
- 1 Fresh Mango
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 5 pcs of Green Chilies
- ½ Cup of grated coconut
- 3 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
How to Cook Avial
1. Wash all the vegetables. Set aside.
2. Mix the green chilies, cumin seeds and grated coconut in a grinding bowl. Grind into paste and set aside.
3. In a skillet or thick bottom vessel, heat coconut oil. Stir in vegetables and cook in a low flame. Simmer for a few minutes.
4. Once the vegetables are ready, add salt and turmeric power to taste. Mix well.
5. Add the mango and bananas into the vegetables. Simmer.
6. Stir in the coconut paste and let it cooked.
7. Turn off the flame and garnish the dish with curry leaves.