Onam celebration is known to be grand and festive. It reflects on the way people celebrate this auspicious festival. And one of the grand activity people prepare for when Onam festival come is the Onam Sadhya. It is a grand feast featuring different kinds of Onam dishes and meal. Want a delicious recipe for onam festival? Then you may want to try cooking Aloo Bhaji. Here’s an easy and simple recipe for this delicious and mouthwatering Onam sadya item.
- 2 onions
- 2 Green chilies
- 2 red chilies
- 5 potatoes
- Few Coriander and Curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon of finely chopped ginger
- 1 tomato
- ½ teaspoon of Jeera
- ½ teaspoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- Salt to taste
How to Cook Aloo Bhaji
1. Peel potatoes, onions, garlic and ginger. Wash and chop.
2. In a pressure cooker, mix the chopped tomatoes, green chilies, ginger, onions and potatoes. Add with ½ cup of water and salt. Let it cook.
3. Mash half of the potatoes. Set aside.
4. In a pan, heat some oil and fry the onions, mustard seeds, curry leaves, jeera and red chilies. Then, add to the potatoes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
5. Serve hot.