Diwali is amongst the most popular and biggest Hindu festival. It is not only celebrated across the country of India, some parts of the world with Hindu residents also celebrate this diwali festival of light. There are numbers of preparations done before and on diwali festival. We listed out some of the most common Diwali preparations our fellow Hindus perform during the Diwali.
Diwali is the time for everyone to rejoice looking forward to a bright future. Especially of the Businessmen,
- On this day they do puja of Account books and start writing their new accounts. This is called as “CHOPDA PUJAN” meaning puja of account books.
- Each house entrances are made colorful with lovely traditional motifs of “Rangoli” designs to welcome Lakshmi, the Goddess of wealth and prosperity.
- The Preparations of diwali begins well in advance.
- People start decorating their homes, preparing sweets, light up their homes with colorful lights , buy new clothes & Jewelry
- This new moon night or Amavasya is thus turned into a bright and colorful night.
- The lighting of lamps is a way of paying obeisance to god for attainment of health, wealth, knowledge, peace, valour and fame.
- Fireworks are brought out and the children join in the fun and frolic with all the bang -bang.
- It is nice to distribute crackers so that there is universal enjoyment.
- Hundreds of fire crackers can be seen glowing and then bursting as though it was a battle of glows and sparks in the skies.
- Markets are gaily decorated and lit up everybody adorned with new and bright clothes, especially ladies decorated with the best of ornaments, captures the social mood at its happiest.
- It is a very jolly time for visiting, exchanging gifts, decorating homes, feasting, and of course attiring in new clothes.
- On Diwali day, everywhere in India, at dusk when darkness unfolds itself, you can see a spectacular illumination of tiny flickering lamps adorning in rows – at homes, buildings and streets.
- And all this illumination and fireworks, joy and festivity, is to signify the victory of divine forces over those of wickedness